Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Old Tee Shirts...

Do you have a drawer full of old tee shirts that you don't want to get rid of for sentimental reasons? I did. A few years ago I turned them into a quilt. It wasn't very complicated, although my mother in law did do the sewing. All you do is cut your shirts into even squares. You can make as many squares as you want, and you can make the blanket as big as you want. Then we sewed the squares together. We got fleece big enough for the back. We stuck batting between the fleece and the tee shirts. We used some of the fleece for the border as well. Then afterwards on the corners of each tee shirt, we stuck ribbon through all of the fabric and tied knots to hold all of the fabric together. 

2 comments:

Huebsch family said...

I absolutely love the t-shirt blanket. You have to help me with that. The sewing part that is!!!

Erinn said...

I really like this idea!! That's a way awsome and crafty thing to do!!! I am going to have to do this now.