Friday, April 23, 2010

Kids Room Revealed

When I first found out I was pregnant with my son Landon, I decided to go neutral when it came to bedding, because we knew that most likely our kids would be sharing a room. I originally went with black and cream french toile, then I accented with blue. My original plan was: add pink when I find out I'm having a little girl...so originally thats what I did! I went to DI, and I also found old frames lying around the house....I just painted some pink and blue picture frames. I liked it at first...but then I thought it was kind of girly considering Landon. So....I changed it....again...I was inspired by some vintage flash cards that I bought at Thanksgiving point a few years ago.
Before:


The inspiration:
After:
I was also inspired by the vintage toys that target now carries....that's what's on the shelves in the pic above...Paul and I made those shelves by the way....only $8 each!

We decided to go with a bunk bed for Landon's bed...he of course is on the bottom...I lucked out and was able to get the same bedding that we bought for the crib when Landon was a baby.

I bought these vintage flash cards off of etsy and hung them with jute and clothespins....I took apart the clothespins and painted them....Love it!



This is above the closet
We needed a little extra storage, so I bought these metal paint buckets at Lowe's...they work great and have that vintage look I was going for!

2 comments:

Natalie and Ryan said...

Very Cute, you cease to amaze me. You are so talented.

Mandy Frehner said...

I haven't checked your blog in a while…SO CUTE! I love your kids' room! How fun and a great gender-neutral!