Thursday, September 16, 2010

She's Going to Pop Baby Shower

Last Saturday I had the opportunity to help throw a baby shower for Jacalyn, a good friend of mine. I was on decoration and invitation duty! Here's some pics of how I did the shower!

These are the invites that I made with my Stampin' Up digital scrapbooking program....I also took the pictures....
We decided to go for the "She's going to Pop" theme....so all foods were basically candy that involved the word POP! We also had pop corn of course and popcorn chicken and jalapeno poppers! Some of the vases were from the dollar store, and some I already had...I just added some cute ribbon! We found the cute buckets and bags at Hobby Lobby....I did the vinyl lettering on the buckets!
Here's the banner that I made with my cricut...I love making banners!!!
There were some maternity pictures to share....frames from Hobby Lobby
I made these little decorations using dollar store frames, vinyl, A Child's Year cricut cartridge, and some scrapbook paper.
I covered the water bottles with scrapbook paper for extra cuteness! Again...Hobby Lobby buckets!
Mmm...blow pops and lollipops!
Can we say sugar high!
I made tissue poms for the party! You can see how to make them here! She used 8 pieces, I used 12....and cute ribbon! They literally only take 5-10 minutes a piece! How cute are these?!
more tissue poms!
A girl we went to high school with, Krysten made these AMAZING cake pops....they were too cute to eat...but they were AMAZING in taste!
We also had jones soda pop...pink and green! Oh and there's Otter Pops as well! There were also Popsicles in a cooler!
Hope this gave you a cute baby shower idea=) I've linked up to Today's Creative Blog!

1 comment:

Amy said...

This is very creative! I love the idea. I might borrow it for a shower I'm throwing in a few months. You did a great job!