Monday, March 8, 2010

Burlap Picture Frames and FHE Board

I am really into burlap home decor items lately! A while back I saw a picture frame on Shanty 2 Chic that I just loved! It was a big frame with about 5 smaller ones inside! No glass...just frames, burlap and some clips! Unfortunately I don't have the wall space for the big frame, so I made 3 smaller ones! Here's what I did...
1. Painted some old frames I had lying around.
2. Sanded the frames.
3. Painted a coat of mod podge over the top.
4. I sprayed spray adhesive to the cardboard on the picture frame backing.
5. Placed burlap on the cardboard.
6. Put the backing back on the frame.
7. Hot glued a metal clip to each frame...I paid about $1 for 2 at Wal-Mart.
8. On the middle frame I placed a wooden embellishment, using hot glue.
9. Clipped my pictures in place.
10. Hang!
I also made this Family Home Evening Board! I used chalkboard paint for the wooden tags, that way when we have guests over, we can write their names in!

2 comments:

Cami said...

Totally cute! I love the burlap. What a great idea!

Johnstons said...

Please tell me what fonts you used for your FHE Board!! Thank you!